Students must register every year.
The easiest way? AISD Online Registration!
Please visit the AISD Parent Cloud today!
Walk-in registration is available 8:00-12:00 daily or by appointment
Current and former students may request a transcript online.
Complete the online Transcript Request Form. Fee payments can be made at AHS Transcript Payment.
For complete, step-by-step registration instructions, please refer to the Family Guide to Online Registration or visit the AISD registration information webpage
Note: Only Parent/Guardian contacts are able to use the online registration system. If you have any questions or need assistance with Parent Portal or Online Registration, please call Parent Technology Support at (512) 414-9187. OPEN 7a – 5p.
STEP 1: Create or log into your Parent PortalAccount: https://portal.austinisd.org/
STEP 2: Click on the "AISD Student Registration" tile to register your student online. Please have any documents you'd like to attach to the registration ready.
- All returning students who have had a recent change of address must submit proof of residency to their campus for the 2021-2022 school year. Please provide your current utility bill, or lease/real estate contract, and a photo ID to support an address change.
NEW AISD STUDENTS
You may use the School Finder Tool to locate the appropriate campus: https://www.austinisd.org/school-finder
Families with students NEW to AISD can register online by visiting https://www.austinisd.org/enroll or via paper registration packets if they are unable to online register. Online registration is preferred however paper packets may be utilized for registration.
New student registration requires copies of ALL the documents noted below. Please be prepared to either: 1) electronically attach these documents to the online registration, or; 2) make copies of these documents to include with your paper registration packet.
- proof of residence (current utility bill or lease),
- parent/guardian photo ID (drivers license or passport),
- proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- child's birth certificate,
- child's immunization record,
- social security card (optional), and
- transcript/withdrawal paperwork/proof of grade promotion - the school record is required for correct grade and course placement.
Please note - students currently enrolled at AHS and planning to return or students rising to AHS from feeder middle schools who have been continuously enrolled in AISD MUSTcomplete AISD online registration each year by visiting your Parent Portal Account at https://portal.austinisd.org/
School transfers are not handled by individual campuses. The District oversees all transfer applications. For more information regarding transfers, please visit: https://www.austinisd.org/transfer or contact the AISD Office of Student Services at (512) 414-1726.
PAPER REGISTRATION PACKETS
Use paper registration only if you are unable to register online.
(2022-2023 Registration Packets coming soon.)
2021-2022 Registration Packet: English
2021-2022 Registration Packet: Spanish
Paper registration packets and required registration documents should be delivered to the Registrars in the second floor office.
NEW STUDENT GENERAL INFORMATION
AHS INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENTS
New students are required to complete the following survey and course contracts.
- Learn about AHS Academies
- Academy video
- Clubs and Activities
- Austin High Athletics
- REQUIRED AHS Academy preference survey must be completed for each student
- REQUIRED AHS Course contract
See the Course Selection page for specific information on the courses available at Austin High.
Read information about the four academies and follow the process to select an academy
AISD INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENTS
- AISD Calendar
- AISD New Student Registration
- Secondary School Information Guide
- Lunch Information
- AISD Dress Code
- Bus Stop Finder
Last updated on 7/27/2022